OHV Parks and Designated OHV Areas by Jurisdiction
TIP: Be aware that some parks are fee based, so please check with the appropriate ownership for specific fee schedules.
State Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division
TIP: San Gabriel Canyon OHV area is permitted by agreement with the County of Los Angeles Flood Control District, Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR), the Angeles National Forest who manage the site).
UPDATE: DPR funded the new four wheel drive obstacle course and ATV training area just past the entrance to the San Gabriel Canyon OHV area. The obstacle course was designed and constructed by the California Trail Users Coalition (CTUC).
Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
Local Agency (City or County) OHV Parks
Privately owned and/or operated OHV Parks
- Antelope Valley Fairground (AVF) Motocross Park: PVT Operators can be contacted at http://www.avmotoplex.com/default.htm
- Los Angeles County Raceway (LACR) Motocross Park (Permanently Closed due to rock quarry expansion, definitely not due to lack of continued interest in motocross)
- Piru Motocross Park: PVT Operators can be contacted at http://piruranchmx.com/
OHV Staging Areas, Roads, and Trails
- Rincon-Shortcut USFS OHV Route - (Special no-fee permit required)
- Indian Canyon Trailhead USFS OHV Trail Staging Area – Provides access to the Pacific Crest trail (equestrian and hiking only), and OHV roads.
UPGRADE: Department of Parks and Recreation funded the Angeles National Forest to provide: fenced parking areas, an OHV (Motorcycle/ATV) loading/unloading ramp, vault toilet, shade ramada, and table for recreational users at the Indian Canyon Staging Area also used by Pacific Crest Trail equestrian and hiking users.