Established in the early 1980’s, the Golf Advisory Committee is a body appointed by the Director of the Department of Parks and Recreation to provide recommendations and advice on golf related issues. The meetings are open to the public, and scheduled on five (5) times a year on the second Wednesday of the month at various County golf courses. Notice of the meeting is posted 72 hours prior at each County golf course. You can also contact the Golf Operations Office at (626) 821-4650 for information on upcoming Golf Advisory Committee meetings.
The Committee supports the Department in an advocacy role, and its responsibilities include:
• Suggest and/or review proposed modifications to the Golf Operations Manual.
• Review and recommend promotional and player development programs.
• Consider proposed greens fee and golf cart rental fee increases.
• Provide input from the public golfer standpoint.
• Evaluate and recommend capital improvements to golf facilities.
• Apprise the department of trends and issues in the golf business.
Committee members are selected from the group of lessees representing the various types of golf courses in the system, the Southern California Golf Association, the Southern California PGA Section, the Western States Golf Association, the Women’s Public Links Golf Association, the Executive Women's Golf Association, the Los Angeles County Women’s Golf Association, and from ten Men’s, Women’s, and Senior Citizen clubs at the courses. The 27 members serve on the Committee for a four-year term.