Parks and Recreation Plans
The Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) has completed Community Parks and Recreation Plans (CPRP) to envision greener futures for the six unincorporated communities in Los Angeles County. Each of the six plans identifies and addresses the unique park and recreation needs of the communities. Specifically, each plan first examines existing conditions, including: local demographics; existing parkland and recreational facilities; parkland gaps; recreation programs currently offered; trees and tree canopies in existing parks; transportation, safety and connectivity issues as they relate to parks; and availability of land for recreation purposes. Based upon the review of existing conditions and findings from the public outreach process, the plan provides a detailed assessment and prioritization of the community’s park and recreation needs. The plan then presents a green space vision, design concepts for potential new park projects, and strategies to address the identified needs. Finally, the plan identifies possible partnership and funding opportunities, and details next steps to implement the green space vision and strategies.
Parks and Recreation
Community involvement was at the heart of this planning process. Thus, as part of this project, DPR invited community members to share their vision for green space, parks and partnership opportunities for recreation in all six communities. Specifically, we reached out through stakeholder interviews, focus groups, questionnaires, community workshops, design workshops, tabling events, and outreach fairs.
DPR held the following public meetings to gather public input:
- Community Workshop (June 22, 2013) Presentation (pdf)
- Community Design Workshop (March 20, 2014) Presentation (pdf)
- Community Workshop (October 12, 2013) Presentation (pdf)
- Community Workshop (November 9, 2013) Presentation (pdf)
- Community Design Workshop (September 25, 2014) Presentation (pdf)
- Community Workshop (November 6, 2013) Presentation (pdf)
- Community Design Workshop (August 19, 2014) Presentation (pdf)
- Community Fair (July 13, 2013) Presentation (pdf)
- Community Design Workshop (May 7, 2014) Presentation (pdf)