TRAIL CLOSURE UPDATE – SEPTEMBER 1, 2021: Due to the increased danger of potential wildfires, Eaton Canyon Natural Area will remain open, but trail access will be closed at the following locations:
- Pinecrest Gate / Mt. Wilson Toll Road
- Midwick Ave. Access Point
- Waterfall Trail at Walnut Canyon
- Equestrian Trail at Walnut Canyon
Reservations are no longer required for entry to Eaton Canyon Natural Area and access to the Eaton Canyon trail system.
Free onsite parking is available. Please Avoid Parking on Residential Streets
Here are some tips for your visit:
- Eaton Canyon is a natural area and wildlife preserve dedicated to the protection of this beautiful natural resource.
- Please be mindful of other park users, including the wildlife.
- Stay safe and remain on the trail at all times.
- Leave no trace, please pack out all trash.
- Dogs are welcome but must remain leashed at all times.
- Due to the popularity of this trail, overcrowding can occur. Look for alternate trails when lots are full.
- Respect the neighbors when using street parking.
- Check the weather – this park closed during heavy rain due to the potential for flash flooding.
- Several rescues occur every year due to heat stroke in both hikers and their dogs. Limit hiking in hot weather and make sure to bring and drink water throughout your trip.