LA County Parks Junior Lake Lifeguard Program offers a wide range of co-ed activities for kids ages 9-17. Lifeguard staff serve as mentors and impart their experience by leading hands-on activities that introduce youth to water safety, athleticism, teamwork and a career in aquatics. Participants will learn from a variety of activities that range from first aid, CPR, rescue skills with paddleboards, rescue cans and more!
Please note: This Summer’s program is modified from previous years due to COVID-19 guidelines.
The program offers three 2-week sessions and will be held at three LA County Parks locations:
Castaic Lake State Recreation Area
• 32132 Castaic Lake Drive, Castaic, CA, 91384
• Phone: 661-775-8488
• Program Office: 661-775-8488
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frank G. Bonelli Regional Park
• 120 East Via Verde Drive, San Dimas, CA, 91773
• Phone: 909-599-8411
• Email: email@example.com
Santa Fe Dam Recreation Area
• 15501 E Arrow Highway, Irwindale, CA, 91706
• Phone: 626-334-1065
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 1: Pick a program location you’d like to join.
STEP 2: Try out! You must pass tryouts to register for the program.
STEP 3: Upon passing tryouts, register and submit payment.
STEP 4: Make new friends, explore water safety & have fun!
The following safety protocols that will be implemented to meet current COVID-19 health guidelines.
- Smaller group sizes with student-to-instructor ratio of 15:1.
- Face coverings required for instructors and students at all times, except during swimming and when eating or drinking.
- Physical distance at a minimum of six feet must be maintained.
- Best practices utilized to prevent infection and promote proper hygiene.
- Daily health and temperature screenings of instructors and participants.
For Bonelli Park & Santa Fe Dam Program:
Norman Johnson Aquatic Center
405 S Santa Anita Ave, Arcadia, CA 91006
April 25, May 8, May 9
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
For Castaic Lake Program:
Castaic Aquatic Center
31350 Castaic Rd, Castaic, CA 91384
April 24, April 25, May 1
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Please note a tryout does not guarantee entry into the program. Participants must pass to register.
Space is limited.
3 SESSIONS AVAILABLE
Session 1: June 21 – July 1
Session 2: July 12 – July 22
Session 3: July 26 – August 5
The program runs Monday-Thursday with options to join the morning (AM) class, afternoon (PM) class or the full day by signing up for both the AM and PM classes.
AM Class: 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
PM Class: 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Full Day (extra hour for lunch): 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
*Uniforms included in fees
AM Class: $241
PM Class: $241
Full Day (AM + PM within the same session): $482