Los Angeles County Department of Parks and Recreation is looking for highly talented independent instructors interested in teaching their skills to others through our Contract Class Program.
Why You Should Teach Your Class at LA County Parks
- You can set the fees, dates, and times of your activity.
- Activities can be offered on a weekly basis or as 1-2 day workshops.
- We’ll provide one of our fantastic recreation facilities for your use as well as marketing for your class or workshop.
- We’re interested in a variety of different classes for all ages – from infants and school-aged children to adults and seniors.
Classes We’re Looking For
- Fine arts
- Urban dance and music
- Musical instrument instruction
- STEAM Classes
- Outdoor Classes
- Virtual and Online Classes
- Fun and unique sessions you might propose
Classes can take place within LA County Parks’ operating hours of Tuesday to Saturday from 11:00 am to 6:30 pm, with a maximum of 12 participants enrolled.
Virtual classes are being considered at this time, please specify on your proposal if are interested in teaching your class virtually.
Based on LA County Public Health guidelines, activities are permitted outdoors only with a maximum of 12 participants. Some facilities may be able to accommodate an outdoor classroom space that includes a canopy, chairs and tables.
Instructors and participants must maintain six feet of physical distancing, wear face coverings, and participate in a temperature check before each in-person class.
How We’re Helping Our Communities
LA County Parks is dedicated to building strong and resilient communities and individuals through high quality recreational and enrichment opportunities while also making workforce investments in individuals and businesses local to our parks. As a Contract Instructor, you’ll bring valuable skills and expertise to provide the individuals and families with the opportunity to learn new skills, stay active and healthy, and have a great time. Recreation and enrichment classes promote personal well-being among our communities and improve the lives of LA County residents.
Please feel free to contact us at ContractClasses@parks.lacounty.gov.
Please note that Contract Instructors are not considered employees of the Department and therefore are not eligible to receive County employee benefits.
Please check back for updates on the next application period.
Check back for updates on the next information session.
- Instructor Handbook (Updated)
- 2020-21 Calendar for Applications and Class Schedules (Updated)
- COVID-19 Instructor Protocols – Fall 2020
- (VIDEO) Instructor Training on COVID 19 Guidelines – Fall 2020
- Payment Due Report – Instructor Guide
- Roster Report – Instructor Guide
- Map of LA County Parks Districts
- Instructor Agreement
- LA County Vendor Registration
- Writing a Successful Class Description
- COVID-19 Restrictions
Serve as stewards of parklands, build healthy and resilient communities, and advance social equity and cohesion
To be a world-class parks and recreation organization
Integrity and Dedication, Inclusion, Health and Wellness, Compassion, Stewardship and Sustainability, and Innovation