Join Our SPOT to connect with teens and recreation leaders.
Our SPOT is a FREE after-school program for teens ages 12-18, providing a fun, safe and supportive place where teens can check-in daily, Monday through Friday all year long. Programming takes on a strength-based approach engaging youth from our communities to explore their unique and collective lived experiences through various forms of recreation programming, visual arts sessions, social action activities, and educational field trips. Focus is placed on aiding teens in setting meaningful goals to accomplish individually and collaboratively through peer-to-peer leadership, art, special gatherings, and park engagement.
Our SPOT is back in-person at locations throughout Los Angeles County!
OUR SPOT TEEN SUMMIT
JUNE 21 – JUNE 25 / 4:30PM – 6:30PM
The “Rising & Shaping our Futures” teen summit will be a weeklong event where youth will have the opportunity to join virtually from their Our SPOT locations. Complete with engaging workshops and guest speakers, youth will be able to share positive space and learn about 21st century skills and pathways to college and careers.
FREE – No Registration Required
JOIN US AT YOUR LOCAL OUR SPOT LOCATION OR CLICK HERE TO JOIN EVENT VIRTUALLY
- Podcasting Workshops
- Visual Arts Workshops
- Poetry and Creative Writing Workshops
- Yoga Classes
- Intramural Sports Leagues
- Music Production & Song Writing Workshops
- Mindfulness and Meditation Exercises
- Film, TV and Broadcasting Workshops
- Contemporary Dance and Hip Hop Workshops
- Self-Defense Classes
- Traditional African Drum Workshops
- A Fun Place to Just Chill
- Amelia Mayberry Park: 13201 East Meyer Road, Whittier, CA 90605, (562) 944-9727
- Belvedere Community Regional Park: 4914 East Cesar Chavez Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90022, (323) 260-2342
- City Terrace Park: 1126 North Hazard Avenue, East Los Angeles, CA 90063, (323) 260-2371
- El Cariso Community Regional Park: 13100 Hubbard St., Sylmar, CA 91342, (818) 367-5043
- East Rancho Dominguez Park: 15116 South Atlantic Avenue, Compton, CA 90221, (310) 603-3724
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Park: 7600 Graham Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90001, (323) 586-7228
- Lennox Park: 10828 South Condon Avenue, Lennox, CA 90304, (310) 419-6712
- Loma Alta Park: 3330 N. Lincoln Ave., Altadena 91001, (626) 398-5451
- Mona Park: 2291 E. 121st St., Compton 90222, (310) 603-3729
- Pamela Park: 2236 Goodall Avenue, Duarte, CA 91010, (626) 357-1619
- Ruben F. Salazar Park: 3864 Whittier Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90023, (323) 260-2330
- San Angelo Park: 245 South San Angelo Avenue, La Puente, CA 91746, (626) 968-2666
- Stephen Sorensen Park: 16801 E. Ave. P, Palmdale, 93591, (661) 264-1249
Forms for Our SPOT:
More about Our SPOT:
Our SPOT has been a safe haven for teens afterschool – providing a place to make friends, participate in fun activities and learn self-esteem. While Los Angeles County shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic in March 2020, so did many of the afterschool and youth serving organizations in Los Angeles County. However, Our SPOT stayed connected with teens through virtual programming available live on mobile devices and smartphones. During a challenging year, Our SPOT staff kept the energy high and engagement ever higher through this positive and transformative program aiming to serve youth.
Brought to you by the Los Angeles County Department of Parks and Recreation and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.