A former fire station, Eastside Boxing Club was formed in recognition of a need for constructive and stimulating activities in the East Los Angeles area. It now bears the name of Eddie Heredia in memory of the Club’s first champion who died of leukemia at age 17. Eddie Heredia Boxing Club was proud to have one of its members in the 2008 Beijing Olympics as part of the United States Olympic Boxing Team.
Our Boxing courses teach Health and Fitness in hopes of making a positive impact on every participant’s lives while focusing on:
· Fundamentals of Olympic-style Boxing
· Training for competition on an amateur level
· Conditioning for weight loss and fitness
· Health and nutritional awareness
· Building a foundation of good sportsmanship
· Physical awareness
· Developing character and self-esteem
· Learning self-control and anger management
· Developing discipline and social skills
· Learning self-defense techniques
We offer the following classes: Intro to Youth Olympic Style Boxing and Intermediate/Advanced Youth Olympic Style Boxing.