GET ACTIVE AND LEARN SOMETHING NEW
LA County Parks and Recreation invites you to learn something new this fall. We’re offering a variety of classes to help you get active, stay healthy, and enjoy a new hobby. From violin and martial arts to dance and fitness, there is a class for everyone.
- Arts and Culture Classes like Mixed Media Art
- Exercise and Fitness Classes both virtual and outdoors in-person like core fitness, high-intensity interval training, pilates, senior fitness, yoga and zumba
- Health and Wellness Classes for mindfulness, healthy cooking, kid’s wellness, and Tai Chi
- Martial Arts for all levels of Tae Kwon Do and Karate
- Performing Arts, Music and Dance Classes for all ages to learn various styles of dance, drumming, violin, and music production – both virtual and outdoor options
- Special Interest Classes include tutoring, dog obedience, knitting and crocheting, creative writing, STEAM class, and legal clinic.
- Sports Programs include tennis for all ages and levels plus cheerleading
- Virtual Classes of all types
Fall Recreation Classes begin September 14. In-person class will take place outdoors with COVID-19 guidelines to keep participants safe. Virtual classes provide convenience and the comfort of home.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines for In-person Outdoor Classes
The health and well-being of park guests and staff is the top priority. In accordance with LA County Public Health, the following guidelines are in place to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Participants must maintain six feet physical distancing, wear face masks, and participate in a temperature check before each in-person class.
- Participants should not attend if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, chills, muscle pain, headache, vomiting and diarrhea.
- Temperature and symptom checks will be completed at each class.
- No parents/guardians or guests will be allowed in the programming space to reduce contact with others.
Check out the Fall Recreation Classes and register for an activity at reservations.lacounty.gov.
Follow LA County Parks on social media: Facebook @parks.lacounty.gov and Twitter/Instagram @lacountyparks. Share your experience using #LearnSomethingNew at #LACOUNTYPARKS.