Introducing our Award-Winning Program: Parks After Dark, Summer Edition
The Los Angeles County Department of Parks and Recreation launches Summer Parks After Dark (PAD) at 33 county locations, with free programs and events for children and families to enjoy.
The Summer PAD programming ranges from concerts in the park, summer Olympics, art classes, bicycle workshop, CPR/First Aid training, walk/run events, gardening classes and sports clinics to name a few. Summer PAD will be available in communities across the county, from the Antelope Valley to South Los Angeles, and will coincide with school summer breaks, starting Thursday, June 13, 2019 through Saturday, August 3, 2019.
- Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m
- Adventure, Allen Martin, Amelia Mayberry, Amigo, Athens, Belvedere, Bassett, Bethune
- Charter Oak, City Terrace, Col. Leon Washington, East Rancho Dominguez, El Cariso, Eugene Obregon
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, George Lane, George Washington Carver, Helen Keller, Jackie Robinson
- Jesse Owens, Loma Alta, Mona, Pamela, Rimgrove, Ruben Salazar, San Angelo, Saybrook, Sorensen
- Stephen Sorensen, Ted Watkins, Valleydale, Val Verde, William Steinmetz
PAD started with only three parks in 2010. Since then, it expanded to 23, and currently, it has grown to 33 this past summer. PAD has enabled thousands of community members to participate in quality programming. In 2018, the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) awarded PAD with the Best in Innovation Award.
PAD is led by the Department of Parks and Recreation, with strong support from partners including the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, Chief Executive Office, Sheriff’s Department, Department of Mental Health, Department of Public Health, Department of Workforce Development, Aging and Community Services, Probation Department, Department of Children and Family Services, and many community-based organizations.
Watch the Parks After Dark – 10 Years of Family, Fun and Fitness video
Watch the Parks After Dark Animation Promo video
Find a PAD Park near you and click on the location pin for programs and events at all 33 participating PAD parks in Los Angeles County. Also Click Here for the full screen of the map.